Undergraduate Programs in the Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (ISE) offers two bachelor degree programs. Study in the most technologically advanced engineering library in the nation, work alongside elite students from all over the world, and contribute to research that has real impact.
ENGINEER YOUR CAREER in ISE
Undergraduate Degree Programs
Systems Engineering and Design is about problem solving: engineering as a way of thinking. They tackle complex engineering and business situations and is a uniquely interdisciplinary program, with broad flexibility and student-guided focus.
Industrial Engineers figure out how to do things better. This program encompasses the analysis, development, improvement, and implementation of all integrated processes and their components.
Helpful links to Engineering and University student resources.
How to Apply
As a Grainger Engineer, your opportunities to do the impossible are limited only by your imagination. Here, you apply directly to your major of interest. This enables immediate interaction with faculty and peers, builds community, and assists your involvement in research and extracurricular activities related to your academic goals.
All engineering applications are submitted through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. We do not use the Common Application.
Learn more about the admissions process through the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Gather your application materials.
- Complete your application. You'll provide your high school courses/grades and test scores, choose your major and an alternative program, write an essay, and list your extracurricular activities, honors, and awards.
- Pay the application fee. When you submit the application, you'll pay a nonrefundable fee by credit card.
- See if you have further application requirements. Depending on the major you're applying to, you may have a few more things to do.
- Check your status. Once you’ve submitted your application, check its status by clicking on your application in myIllini. If you applied through the Coalition Application and already have a myIllini account, you can use that existing account to view your status.
Admitted Student Days
Admitted students are encouraged to take advantage of Admitted Student Days: Visit ISE, see the historic Transportation Building, and learn more about our undergraduate programs.
Campus visits for admitted students are hosted regularly between January and May.
View the PowerPoint presentation given at ISE Admitted Student Days. Questions? Please contact us below.
ISE Information Days
Interested in ISE? Sign up to hear our star faculty discuss aspects of the ISE curriculum.
Register one of these two ways for the events below
"I whole-heartedly believe that my ISE undergraduate education was the foundation of my success in graduate school. My undergraduate ISE education gave me a wide breadth in important engineering fundamentals (like computer science, electrical engineering, controls, materials, etc.), while still allowing me to focus in on my particular interests via the secondary field option. This was essential to graduate school. Having a concrete understanding of fundamental engineering concepts allows you to solve research problems, which are inherently diverse and often times must be approached from multiple angles."
Megan McGovern, BSGE 2008, PhDIE 2016
Undergraduate Contact Information
Professor Carolyn Beck
Associate Head Undergraduate Programs
Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs
Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering
Undergraduate Programs Office
104 Transportation Bldg. (MC-238)
104 S. Mathews Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801
Monday - Friday
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 4:30 pm