ISE Faculty Awards and Honors
- NASA SBIR award
- NSF CAREER award
- two ARPA-E ATLANTIS awards
- ONR Young Investigator Award (2001)
- NSF CAREER Award (1998)
- Alcoa Foundation Award (1997)
- ORAU Junior Faculty Award (1997)
- Finalist, Informs Manufacturing & Service Operations Management Society best operations management paper published in Operations Research (2021)
- Third Prize, The CSAMSE Annual Conference Best Paper Award (2019)
- First Prize, The CSAMSE Annual Conference Best Paper Award (2014)
- INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Prize (2009)
- INFORMS Junior Faculty Interest Group Paper Competition, Finalist (2008)
- NSF CAREER Award (2020)
- Dean's award for excellence in research (2022)
- NSF CAREER Award (2020)
- NSF CRII Award (2018)
- INFORMS Koopman Prize (2021) for the paper "Multi-Agent UAV Routing: A Game Theory Analysis with Tight Price of Anarchy Bounds"
- Exemplary Theory Paper Award at 21st ACM EC (2020) for "EFX Exists for Three Agents"
- Central Illinois Business Forty under 40 (2021)
- NSF CAREER Award
- Best Paper Award, ASME Design for Manufacturing and Life Cycle Conference
- ASME Kos Ishii - Toshiba Award (2019)
- John Deere Innovation Award (2015)
- Reviewers' choice award in ICED13 conference
- Reviewers' choice award in ICED19 conference
- Reviewers' choice award in ICED21 conference
- NSF CAREER Award (2015)
- Freudenstein Young Investigator award from ASME (2017)
- University of Illinois Center for Advanced Study Fellow 2021-22, with Board of Trustees approval.
- INFORMS Aviation Applications Section, Best Student Paper Honorable Mention with student Jing Gao, 2020
- Best paper award, System Performance track, International Conference for Research and Air Transportation (ICRAT) 2020
- KDD Startup Research Award for paper with Deepair Solutions, 25th ACM SIGKDD, 2019
- Top-10 most cited paper in Transportation Research – Part A, 2016-2019, “An Empirical Analysis of Bike Sharing Usage and Rebalancing: Evidence from Barcelona and Seville”
- Best Technical Presentation, AGIFORS Revenue Management Study Group Conference, AGIFORS, May 2019.5
- AGIFORS Anna Valicek Award Honorable mention with student Jane Lee, 2018
- INFORMS Transportation Science and Logistics (TSL) Society, Cross-Regional Collaboration Grant, sponsored by Kalyx Warehousing; with Prof. Gitakrishnan Ramadurai as collaborator from India, 2017-2018.
- IIE Fellow Award (2010)
- Business First of Buffalo's "40 under Forty" award (2004)
- SME's Milton C. Shaw Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award (1999)
- IIE's Outstanding Young Industrial Engineer Award in Academia (1999)
- NSF CAREER Award (1996)
- Best Paper ASAE (2001) (out of 150)
- Best Control Systems Paper SCI2001 (IEEE) (out of 500)
- John Deere Innovation Award
- ASNT 2020 Lester/Mehl Honor Lecture (2020)
- ASNT 2016 Research Council Award for Sustained Excellence (2016)
- Outstanding Paper published in the ASNT Journal of Materials Evaluation (12 Issues) during 2015
- ASME 2015 NDPD Founders’ Award (2015), ASME Diagnosis and Prognosis Division (2015)
- ASNT George L. Pherigo Tutorial Citation Award (2002)
- SPACE AWARD, Space Society, 2001, --- From the Space Society, for contributions to Float’n Illini, 2001.
- 2017 Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany.
- 2009 Arnold O. Beckman Research Award, University of Illinois.
- 2009 Xerox Award for Faculty Research, College of Engineering, University of Illinois.
- 2008 Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship Award (duration 2008-2010), Bonn, Germany
- INFORMS Fellow (2021)
- The INFORMS Applied Probability Society Best Publication Award (2004)
- ACM Sigmetrics'96 Conference Best Simulation Paper (1996)
- INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Competition, Honorable Mention (2015)
- INFORMS George Nicholson Student Paper Competition, Second Place (2015)
- Trusted CI Open Science Cybersecurity Fellowship 2019-2020, I was a member of the inaugural cohort of fellows.
- Best Paper Award in EISIC 2018 with Sean Suehr for Now You See Me: Identifying Duplicate Network Personas.
- Gerondelis Foundation Scholarship of 5,000$ for excellence in studies (2011).
- Awards in the Hellenic Mathematical Society Competition for all prefectures except for Attiki and Thessaloniki in 1998 (1st), 1999 (1st), and 2000 (3rd).
- ASME-DAC Best Paper Award (ASME, 2008)
- Future Faculty Program (FFP) Fellowship (U. Maryland, 2009~2010)
- First Award (NSF Kansas EPSCoR, 2011)
- Strategic Engineering Research Fellowship (WSU CoE, 2011)
- IEEE PHM Best Paper Award (IEEE Reliability Society, 2012)
- Young Researcher Award (ISGMA, 2012)
- ASME-DAC Best Paper Award (ASME, 2013)
- Wallace Award for Excellence in Research (WSU, 2014)
- NSF CAREER Award (NSF, 2014)
- ASME Design Automation Young Investigator Award (ASME, 2016)
- IISE Best Paper Award for QCRE Track (IISE, 2020)
- ASME Journal of Mechanical Design Associate Editor Award, 2020
- The Robert L. Wears Early Career Award, Healthcare Technical Group, Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (2021)
- Choice Outstanding Academic Title 2020 Award for edited volume Advancing Diversity, Inclusion, and Social Justice Through Human Systems Engineering (2020)
- National Science Foundation Smart and Connected Health Aspiring PI Award, 2020 Advancing Health Through Science Workshop (2020)
- University of Illinois System’s Presidential Medallion (2021) Note: This is the highest award in the University of Illinois System
- Grainger Engineering COVID-19 Wall of Recognition in Engineering (2021)
- Advisor/co-author of Winner, HFES Health Care Technical Group Marilyn Sue Bogner Student Paper Award (2021)
- Advisor/co-author of Winner, HFES Health Care Technical Group Marilyn Sue Bogner Student Paper Award (2020)
- Winner, Best Paper Award, International Conference on Quantitative Ethnography 2019 (2019)