Online Non-Degree Options
This video outlines requirements for online nondegree students.
You do not need to be admitted to a degree or certificate program in order to enroll in an online course. Any student with a bachelor's degree can register for an online course as a non-degree student (please note that non-degree students who are taking courses are not in a degree program and successful completion of these courses does not guarantee admissions into the degree program.). Individuals are responsible for determining if they have the required course prerequisites prior to registering.
Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering (ISE) online courses offer
- Same rigor, assignments, projects, and exams as the on-campus courses and same course deadlines throughout the semester without being on campus.
- Flexibility to view course lectures when time allows during the week.
Online Non-degree Options
- Take online courses at your convenience
- Pursue the online Advanced Analytics Certificate
- Start as non-degree status while seeking admission into the degree program
Non-degree students must hold a bachelor’s degree and meet the course prerequisites obtained through either their bachelor’s degree or work experience.
Transfering from Non-Degree to Degree-Seeking
There is no limit to the number of credit hours that can be taken as a non-degree student; however, if one then chooses to pursue a online degree, there is a limit to the number of credit hours that can be transferred to the online degree program. The following conditions apply when completing courses as a non-degree student:
- A maximum of 12 credit hours of coursework taken outside the graduate college may be transferred to a degree program, if the grade is a “B” or higher
- Starting as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission into the program
How to Register
Online course availability, registration deadlines, and information is available at http://engineering.illinois.edu/online/.
- Select one of the available courses you wish to register for. Make sure to use the CRN (Course Reference Number) for the course.
- Complete the registration steps under “How to Register”. In step 3, click on the “All other individuals” link, which is for non-degree students.
- If necessary, visit the refund deadline schedule to learn when students may drop or withdraw from the semester.