Online Non-Degree Certificate in Advanced Analytics
You must hold a bachelor’s degree and have the background necessary to complete graduate-level courses in advanced analytics gained through either their bachelor’s degree or work experience.
Those interested in earning this non-degree certificate must send an email to Kim Sgarbossa at email@example.com to sign up.
Students must complete a total of 12 credit hours with a grade of B or higher in each course. Students must choose both
- 8 credit hours from the Advanced Analytics Core list and
- 4 credit hours from the Advanced Analytics Secondary list (or an additional four hours from the Core course list)
Advanced Analytics Core Courses
- IE 528 Computing for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 529 Stats of Big Data and Clustering (4 hours)
- IE 530 Optimization for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 531 Algorithms for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 532 Analysis of Network Data (4 hours)
- IE 533 Big Graphs and Social Networks (4 hours)
Advanced Analytics Secondary Courses
- IE 400 Design & Analysis of Experiments (4 hours)
- IE 410 Stochastic Processes & Applications (4 hours)
- IE 411 Optimization of Large Systems (4 hours)
- IE 510 Applied Nonlinear Programming (4 hours)
- IE 511 Integer Programming (4 hours)
- IE 521 Convex Optimization (4 hours)
Online Course Format
- Same rigor, assignments, projects, and exams as the on-campus courses and same course deadlines throughout the semester without being on campus.
- Flexibility to view course lectures when time allows during the week.
To learn more about tuition and payments, visit https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online/tuition-funding.
A subset of the Advanced Analytics courses is offered online each semester – fall, spring, and summer. To view the upcoming semester’s course offerings, visit https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online/courses
Questions regarding future course offerings can be directed to the College of Engineering Office of Graduate, Professional and Online Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
- Determine the course(s) for the upcoming term. Make sure to use the CRN (Course Reference Number) for the online course. See https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online for course schedule and CRNs.
- Complete the registration steps at https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/online-registration under “How to Register”. In step 3, click on the “All other individuals” link, which is for non-degree students/certificate students.
- Registration deadlines are posted at https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/online-registration.
For assistance or questions with registration, contact Frank Hoskinson at email@example.com.
The academic calendar is posted at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4328. This includes semester start and end dates, tuition refund deadlines for dropped courses, withdrawals, cancellations for the given semester, and much more.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Visit our admission pages for more information about the application process.
Do you still have questions?
We're here to help. Whether you have questions about the admissions process or want to stay in touch, we are ready to chat!