S. Rasoul Etesami
- Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, 2015.
- Affiliate Assistant Professor, Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 2019.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Sep 2017.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University and Winlab, April 2016-May 2017
- Distributed Control and Optimization
- Game Theory and Decision Making
- Learning over Social Networks
- Smart Grids
- Data Analytics
- Decision and Control Systems
- Operations Research
Selected Articles in Journals
- S.R Etesami, S. Bolouki, A. Nedich, T. Basar, H.V. Poor, Influence of Conformist and Manipulative Behaviors on Public Opinion, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp. 202-214, March 2019.
- S.R. Etesami, A Simple Framework for Stability Analysis of State-Dependent Networks of Heterogeneous Agents. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (SICON), Volume 57(3), pp. 1757-1782, May 2019.
- S.R. Etesami, W. Saad, N. Mandayam, H.V. Poor, Stochastic Games for Smart Grid Energy Management with Prospect Prosumers, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 63 , Issue 8, pp. 2327 - 2342, August. 2018.
- A. Truong, S.R. Etesami, J. Etesami, N. Kiyavash, Optimal Attack Strategies against Predictors - Learning from Expert Advice, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Volume 13, Issue 1, pp. 6-19, January 2018.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Price of Anarchy and an Approximation Algorithm for the Binary-Preference Capacitated Selfish Replication Game, Automatica, Volume 76, pp. 153-163, February 2017.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Convergence Time for Unbiased Quantized Consensus Over Static and Dynamic Networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 61(2), pp. 443-455, February 2016.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Complexity of Equilibrium in Competitive Diffusion Games on Social Networks, Automatica, Volume 68, pp. 100-110, June 2016.
- T. Basar, S.R. Etesami, A. Olshevsky, Convergence Time of Quantized Metropolis Consensus Over Time-Varying Networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 61, Issue 12, pp. 4048 - 4054, December 2016.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Game-Theoretic Analysis of the Hegselmann-Krause Model for Opinion Dynamics in Finite Dimensions, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 60, Issue 7, pp. 1886-1897, July 2015.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- S.R. Etesami, W. Saad, N. Mandayam, H.V. Poor, Smart Routing in Smart Grids.Proc. 56th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Dec 13-15, 2017; Melbourn, Australia
- T. Basar, S.R. Etesami, A. Olshevsky, Fast convergence of quantized consensus using Metropolis chains. Proc. 53rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC'14, Dec 15-17, 2014; Los Angeles, CA), pp. 1458-1463
- S.R. Etesami, A. Nedic, T. Basar, Generalization of Accelerated Successive Projection Method for Convex Sets Intersection Problems. Proc. 2016 American Control Conference (ACC 2016), Boston, MA, July 6-8, 2016, pp. 4422-4427.
- S.R. Etesami, M.A. Madah-Ali, Design Cost versus Access Cost Trade-off in Distributed Storage Systems, Proc. 2016 American Control Conference (ACC 2016), Boston, MA, July 6-8, 2016, pp. 5322 - 5327.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, A. Nedic, B. Touri, Termination time of multidimensional Hegselmann- Krause opinion dynamics. Proc. 2013 American Control Conference (ACC 2013), Washington, DC, June 17-19, 2013, pp. 1257-1262.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Complexity of equilibrium in diffusion games on social networks. Proc. 2014 American Control Conference (ACC 2014), Portland, OR, June 4-6, 2014, pp. 2077-2082.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Convergence time for unbiased quantized consensus. Proc. 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC'13, Dec 10-13, 2013; Florence, Italy), pp. 6190-6195.
- Associate Editor, IET Smart Grid, 2018-
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent in UIUC for Control System Theory & Design, ECE515. (Spring 2019)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent in UIUC for Control Systems-SE320. (Fall 2018)
- NSF CAREER Award (2020)
- ECE 515 - Control System Theory & Design
- IE 511 - Integer Programming
- IE 590 - Seminar
- IE 598 - Distributed Decision Systems
- ME 540 - Control System Theory & Design
- SE 320 - Control Systems
- SE 590 - Seminar