S. Rasoul Etesami
For more information
- Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, December 2015.
- Affiliate Assistant Professor, Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, March 2019.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Sept 2017.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Electrical Engineering, Princeton University and Winlab, April 2016-May 2017
Other Professional Employment
- Research Intern, Alcatel-Lucent, Bell-Labs, NJ, USA, Summer 2015.
Graduate Research Opportunities
We are always looking for motivated graduate students with a strong mathematical background. Unfortunately, due to a large number of inquiries, I do not typically respond to emails regarding graduate school positions. However, if interested, please apply directly to the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering and mention my name in your application, and I will be happy to review your application during the review process.
- Distributed Control and Optimization
- Game Theory and Decision Making
- Learning and Dynamics over Social Networks
- Smart Grids and Cyber-Physical Systems
- Data Analytics
- Decision and Control Systems
- Operations Research
Selected Articles in Journals
- T. Qin, S.R. Etesami, Optimal Online Algorithms for File-Bundle Caching and Generalization to Distributed Caching, ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems (TOMPECS), Volume 6(1), pp. 1-23, 2021.
- S.R. Etesami, Duality and Stability in Complex Multiagent State-Dependent Network Dynamics, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (SICON), Volume 58(6), pp. 3062-3091, 2020.
- S.R. Etesami, W. Saad, N. Mandayam, H.V. Poor, "Smart Routing of Electric Vehicles for Load Balancing in Smart Grids”, Automatica, Volume 120, pp. 1-14, 2020.
- T. Qin, S.R. Etesami, A Randomized Algorithm for Generalized Accelerated Projection Method, IEEE Control Systems Letters, Volume 5, Issue 1, pp. 85-90, 2020.
- S.R. Etesami, Complexity and Approximability of Optimal Resource Allocation and Nash Equilibrium over Networks, SIAM Journal on Optimization (SIOPT), Volume 30(1), pp. 885-914, 2019.
- S.R. Etesami, A Simple Framework for Stability Analysis of State-Dependent Networks of Heterogeneous Agents. SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization (SICON), Volume 57(3), pp. 1757-1782, May 2019.
- S.R Etesami, S. Bolouki, A. Nedich, T. Basar, H.V. Poor, Influence of Conformist and Manipulative Behaviors on Public Opinion, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp. 202-214, March 2019.
- S.R. Etesami, W. Saad, N. Mandayam, H.V. Poor, Stochastic Games for Smart Grid Energy Management with Prospect Prosumers, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 63 , Issue 8, pp. 2327 - 2342, August. 2018.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Price of Anarchy and an Approximation Algorithm for the Binary-Preference Capacitated Selfish Replication Game, Automatica, Volume 76, pp. 153-163, February 2017.
- T. Basar, S.R. Etesami, A. Olshevsky, Convergence Time of Quantized Metropolis Consensus Over Time-Varying Networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 61, Issue 12, pp. 4048 - 4054, December 2016.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Complexity of Equilibrium in Competitive Diffusion Games on Social Networks, Automatica, Volume 68, pp. 100-110, June 2016.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Convergence Time for Unbiased Quantized Consensus Over Static and Dynamic Networks, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 61(2), pp. 443-455, February 2016.
- S.R. Etesami, T. Basar, Game-Theoretic Analysis of the Hegselmann-Krause Model for Opinion Dynamics in Finite Dimensions, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 60, Issue 7, pp. 1886-1897, July 2015.
- Associate Editor, IET Smart Grid, 2018- present
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent in UIUC for Control System Theory & Design, ECE515. (Spring 2019)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent in UIUC for Control Systems-SE320. (Fall 2018, Fall 2019)
- NSF CAREER Award (2020)
- ECE 515 - Control System Theory & Design
- IE 511 - Integer Programming
- IE 590 - Seminar
- IE 598 - Distributed Decision Systems
- ME 540 - Control System Theory & Design
- SE 320 - Control Systems
- SE 590 - Seminar