Online Non-Degree Certificate in Advanced Analytics
You must hold a bachelor’s degree and have the background necessary to complete graduate-level courses in advanced analytics gained through either their bachelor’s degree or work experience.
Those interested in earning this non-degree certificate must send an email to Kim Sgarbossa at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Students must complete a total of 12 credit hours with a grade of B or higher in each course. Students must choose both
- 8 credit hours from the Advanced Analytics Core list and
- 4 credit hours from the Advanced Analytics Secondary list (or an additional four hours from the Core course list)
Advanced Analytics Core Courses
- IE 528 Computing for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 529 Stats of Big Data and Clustering (4 hours)
- IE 530 Optimization for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 531 Algorithms for Data Analytics (4 hours)
- IE 532 Analysis of Network Data (4 hours)
- IE 533 Big Graphs and Social Networks (4 hours)
Advanced Analytics Secondary Courses
- IE 400 Design & Analysis of Experiments (4 hours)
- IE 410 Stochastic Processes & Applications (4 hours)
- IE 411 Optimization of Large Systems (4 hours)
- IE 510 Applied Nonlinear Programming (4 hours)
- IE 511 Integer Programming (4 hours)
- IE 521 Convex Optimization (4 hours)
Online Course Format
- Same rigor, assignments, projects, and exams as the on-campus courses and same course deadlines throughout the semester without being on campus.
- Flexibility to view course lectures when time allows during the week.
To learn more about tuition and payments, visit https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online/tuition-funding.
A subset of the Advanced Analytics courses is offered online each semester – fall, spring, and summer. To view the upcoming semester’s course offerings, visit https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online/courses
Questions regarding future course offerings can be directed to the College of Engineering Office of Graduate, Professional and Online Programs at email@example.com.
How to Register
- Determine the course(s) for the upcoming term. Make sure to use the CRN (Course Reference Number) for the online course. See https://grainger.illinois.edu/academics/online for course schedule and CRNs.
- Complete the registration steps at https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/online-registration under “How to Register”. In step 3, click on the “All other individuals” link, which is for non-degree students/certificate students.
- Registration deadlines are posted at https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/online-registration.
For assistance or questions with registration, contact Frank Hoskinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The academic calendar is posted at http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/4328. This includes semester start and end dates, tuition refund deadlines for dropped courses, withdrawals, cancellations for the given semester, and much more.