- B.S. in Mathematics, Peking University, China, 2009
- Ph.D in Electrial Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2015.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Stanford University, 2015.06-2016.05
- Visiting Scientist, Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research, 2016.06-2016.12
- Data Analytics
- Operations Research
Selected Articles in Journals
- Guaranteed Matrix Completion via Nonconvex Factorization, Ruoyu Sun, Zhi-Quan Luo, IEEE Transaction on Information Theory 2016
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Improved Iteration Complexity Bounds of Cyclic Block Coordinate Descent for Convex Problems, NIPS 2015.
- System and Method for Transmission Point (TP)Association and Beamforming Assignment in Heterogeneous Networks . Ruoyu Sun, Mingyi Hong, Hadi Baligh, Zhi-Quan Luo, and Meisam Razaviyayn. U.S. Patent App. 13/757,303, filed Feb. 2013.
- INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Competition, Honorable Mention (2015)
- INFORMS George Nicholson Student Paper Competition, Second Place (2015)
- IE 310 - Determin Models in Optmzation
- IE 510 - Applied Nonlinear Programming
- IE 598 - Adv Tpcs in Continuous Opt
- IE 598 - Optim Theory for Deep Learning
- SE 420 - Digital Control Systems