For more information
- Carolyn L. Beck (PHD)
- Ph.D. of Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.Sc. of Systems Engineering, Sharif University of Technology (2016)
- B.Sc. of Industrial Engineering, University of Tehran (2013)
My research focuses on designing efficient and scalable clustering algorithms for a variety of applications in engineering. The objective of my Ph.D. thesis is clustering of wireless edge network data in a dynamical setting—where data evolves with time—for treatment of controller placement problem in Software Defined Networks. This work lies at the intersection of Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization and Control Theory.
- Mathematical Optimization
- Machine Learning
- Data Analytics
Selected Articles in Journals
- Soleymanifar, Reza (2018). “LP based Approximate Dynamic Programming Model to Address Airline Overbooking under Cancellation, Refund ,and No-Show”. In: Yugoslav Journal of Operations Research 29(1), pp.113–133.
- Distinguished Konkour Examinee (Iran Ministry of Education): Ranked 3rd nationwide at university entrance exam for graduate study. This test is considered to be the most competitive nationwide exams among Iranian academics. (2014)
- MTN Champion Accolade (MTN Irancell): Merit based award issued by CEO to overachieving employees. Conferral rate %5 (2017)
- MTN Wright Brothers Innovation Award (MTN Irancell): Awarded for design and implementation of MTN Irancell "Capital Expenditures Total Solution'' enterprise software. (2018)
- IE 300 - Analysis of Data