- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- M.S. in Computational Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- B.S. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China, 2010
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Jan 2015-present
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Feb 2016-present
Other Professional Employment
- Research Intern, Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, Cambridge, Massachusetts, Summer 2013
- Research Intern, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China, Summer 2009
- large-scale optimization
- machine learning
- optimization under uncertainty
- nonparametric statistical learning
- Data Analytics
- Decision and Control Systems
- Financial Engineering
- Operations Research
Selected Articles in Journals
- N. He, A. Juditsky, and A. Nemirovski, "Mirror Prox Algorithm for Multi-Term Composite Minimization and Semi-Separable Problems," Journal of Computational Optimization and Applications, 2015.
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- B. Dai, A. Shaw, N. He, L. Li, and L. Song, “Boosting The Actor With Dual Critic”, International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), 2018.
- Y. Yang, J. Etsami, N. He, and N. Kiyavash, “Online Learning for Multivariate Hawkes Processes,” Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2017.
- B. Dai, A. Shaw, L. Li, L. Xiao, N. He, J. Chen, and L. Song, “Smoothed Dual Embedding Control”, NIPS Deep Reinforcement Learning Symposium, 2017.
- B. Dai, R. Guo, S. Kumar, N. He, and L. Song, “Stochastic Generative Hashing,” International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2017.
- B. Dai, N. He, Y. Pan, B. Boots, and L. Song, "Learning from Conditional Distributions via Dual Kernel Embedding", Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2017.
- B. Dai, N. He, H. Dai, and L. Song, "Provable Bayesian Inference via Particle Mirror Descent," Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2016.
- N. He and Z. Harchaoui, "Semi-Proximal Mirror-Prox for Nonsmooth Composite Minimization," Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2015.
- N. Du, Y. Wang, N. He, and L Song, "Time-Sensitive Recommendation From Recurrent User Activities." Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2015.
- B. Dai, B. Xie, N. He, Y. Liang, A. Raj, M.F. Balcan, and L. Song, "Scalable Kernel Methods via Doubly Stochastic Gradients," Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), 2014.
- H. Ouyang, N. He, L. Tran, and A. Gray, "Stochastic Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers," International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2013.
- Collins Scholar, UIUC (Spring 2016)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Outstanding, UIUC (Fall 2016)
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, UIUC (Spring 2017)
- IE 300 - Analysis of Data
- IE 521 - Convex Optimization
- IE 597 - Independent Study
- IE 598 - Big Data Optimization
- IE 599 - Thesis Research
- SE 199 - Undergraduate Open Seminar
- SE 297 - Independent Study
- SE 397 - Independent Study
- SE 497 - Independent Study
- SE 594 - Project Design
- SE 597 - Independent Study
- SE 599 - Thesis Research