SED Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- The combination of SE 494 and SE 495 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- SE494 requires credit or concurrent enrollment in the Design Elective
- ECON 102 or 103 must be taken as one of the LEE selections.
- ECE 110 must be taken for 3 hours
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://ise.illinois.edu/undergraduate/systems-engineering-and-design-degree/index.html
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.