IE Curriculum Map
The curriculum sequence mapped below is a suggested sequence, as all Grainger Engineering students work with a department academic advisor to achieve their educational goals, specific to their needs and preparation.
- Course prerequisite chain
- Immediate prerequisite
- Credit or concurrent registration required
- Concurrent registration required
- Postrequisite course sequence
- RHET 105 (or an alternative Composition I sequence) is taken either in the first or second semester of the first year, according to the student's UIN (Spring if your UIN is Odd). SE 101 is taken the other semester. Composition I guidelines can be found at http://catalog.illinois.edu/general-information/degree-general-education-requirements/ under Written Communication Requirement.
- The combination of SE 494 and SE 495 satisfies the general education advanced composition requirement.
- Students planning to take CS 225 or CS 411 as their CS elective should take CS 125 in place of CS 101.
- SE 494 and SE 495 are to be taken based on the student's UIN (Odd UIN is Spring; Even is Fall). These courses also complete the Advanced Composition requirement. All courses in the freshman, sophomore, and junior year should be completed prior to enrollment. Specific prerequisites are: SE 261, SE 290, IE 310, and the IE technical elective (these courses are to be completed prior to enrollment in SE 494 and SE 495).
- For more details about the curriculum, visit: https://ise.illinois.edu/undergraduate/industrial-engineering-degree/
The code used to present this flowsheet is based on original work shared by the University at Buffalo School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.