Simple Entry Program
ISE undergraduates in their final year of study at Illinois may use the Simple Entry Program to apply to an ISE Masters program – Industrial Engineering or Systems and Entrepreneurial Engineering. Students are not required to take the GRE to be apply; however, students wishing to pursue a PhD after the MS will be required to take the GRE prior to admission into the PhD program.
- 3.5 UIUC GPA in Industrial Engineering or General Engineering beginning with the junior year (3rd year) forward
- Students must enter the program the semester following graduation in their undergraduate program. If one year or more has passed since the student has graduated, the student will have to apply using the standard application process.
- You can confirm eligibility if needed by emailing email@example.com.
The following application materials must be submitted:
- Online application (fee will be paid by ISE; contact firstname.lastname@example.org after submission)
- DARS Report (wait for fall or spring grades to post; name must be on report)
- Personal Statement
- One letter of recommendation from an ISE faculty member
- Passport (international only)
- Evidence of financial resources (international students only*)
Applicants will not automatically be considered for research assistantships or teaching assistantships at the time of admission. To be considered for a research assistantship, the admitted student must contact a faculty member for involvement in their research program. To be considered for a teaching assistantship, the student must meet the English proficiency requirements and contact the Graduate Programs Office for an application. Applicants will not be considered for fellowships. To be considered for fellowships, the full application with recommendation letters and GRE scores must be submitted.
How to Apply
- Login or create an account for the Graduate College application portal and begin your application as usual
- In the application, there is a section regarding Application Fee Waivers – indicate you are eligible for an application fee waiver and check the box for “ISE Simple-Entry Program Student”
- Leave the GRE section blank.
- In the reference area section, enter the information for the ISE faculty member you have requested to write your letter of recommendation.
- Upload a copy of your DARS report after fall grades are posted (for fall applicants) or after all summer grades are posted (for spring applicants).
- A personal statement, resume, passport (if international), and funding documentation (if international) are required.
- Email the Graduate Programs Office (email@example.com) to let us know your application has been submitted. We will then begin your application review.
Final admission decisions rest with the Graduate College Admissions Office and require the completion of any academic degrees that were incomplete at the time of your application and maintaining a satisfactory GPA.
Any questions may be directed to the ISE Graduate Programs Office.
*All international applicants requesting visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) are required to demonstrate that they have adequate financial resources to cover the cost of their education while in the United States. Financial documentation is required as part of the application process in order for visa eligibility documents (I-20 or DS-2019) to the U.S. to be issued. International applicants should upload the documentation directly to the online application using the Declaration and Certification of Finances form. This form includes the amount of funding required and the type of documentation required.
ISE does not require evidence of financial resources at the time of application. Students who uploaded their documentation during the application process received their I-20 approximately three weeks sooner than those who waited until admission. All funding offers will be subtracted from the total amount of funding the applicant is required to show.
We look forward to reviewing your application. Visit our admission pages for more information about the application process.
Do you still have questions?
We're here to help. Whether you have questions about the admissions process or want to stay in touch, we are ready to chat!