Financial Support

Graduate students in ISE may be eligible for a variety of financial support. Federal Student Aid may offer grants and scholarships, loans, or work-study for eligible students. Research and teaching assistantships are graduate student jobs, usually in the department, which offer a monthly stipend, tuition waiver, and selected fee waiver. Assistantships are not based on need. Fellowships and grants may be available to qualified students. Each fellowship or grant has its own policies for funding and awarding. Most fellowships cover tuition and selected fees.

Conference Funding Guidelines

Federal Student Aid - U.S. Citizens or eligible noncitizens (see may qualify for federal student aid. See

Fellowships and Grants - ISE and the Graduate College offer fellowship opportunities and grants to qualified students. See

Research Assistantships - Individual faculty members may offer research assistantships to students if the faculty member has a need for research or a research grant.

Teaching Assistantship - ISE offers teaching assistantships in the fall and spring semesters to qualified students. Students must have the required English proficiency and attended the Graduate Academy for Teaching Assistants (required training).