Conference Funding Guidelines
Graduate Student Conference Funding is provided by the ISE Department and is managed by the Graduate Programs Office. The goal of the funding is to enable ISE graduate student to make presentations at key conferences/exhibitions in their fields. This funding is available to graduate students on an individual basis.
If you have submitted an abstract to present at a conference, you do not have to wait until it is accepted to apply.
Graduate Student Conference Funding Application Submission due dates:
- Conference Date: 1/1/2015-3/31/2015 > Submit application 12/1/2014-12/19/2014
- Conference Date: 4/1/2015-6/30/2015 > Submit application 2/15/2015-2/28/2015
- Conference Date: 7/1/2015-9/30/2015 > Submit application 5/15/2015-5/31/2015
- Conference Date:10/1/2015-12/31/2015 > Submit application 8/15/2015-8/31/2015
A graduate student can receive reimbursement of expenses up to $500. Up to five awardees may be selected each quarter with any unused awards rolling over to the following quarter, until June 30. Awardees are selected through a lottery process. Awardees will be notified 1-2 weeks after the deadline for each quarter. This funding is a partial source of support and students should seek additional funding (if needed) from their advisor, the Graduate College, and other places. ISE does not expect to grant more than one award per graduate student per fiscal year, except in extraordinary circumstances.
All graduate students who accept conference funding support from ISE commit to presenting a synopsis of their work via a poster, a PowerPoint, or other appropriate format at a departmental event to be determined each year.
- Student must complete the Conference Funding Application
- Advisor must complete the Advisor Support Form
Both applications must be received by the deadline or the application will not be considered.