Raymond Lewis Price
- Ph.D. Organizational Behavior Stanford University 1982
- M.A. Organizational Behavior Brigham Young University 1975
- B.S. Psychology Brigham Young University 1973
- Co-Director, Illinois Foundry for Innovation in Engineering Education (November 2009-Current)
- Professor of Human Behavior, College of Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1998-Current)
Other Professional Employment
- Hewlett Packard, Palo Alto, CA: Management and Organization Development Specialist 1979-1982, Manager, Management and Employee Development 1982-1983, Quality Training Manager 1983-1984, Engineering Education Manager 1984-1987
Books Authored or Co-Authored (Original Editions)
- House, Charles H. and Raymond L. Price. The HP Phenomenon: Innovation and Business Transformation, Stanford University Press, Palo Alto, CA (2009).
Chapters in Books
- “Corporate Innovation,” B.A. Vojak, R.L. Price and A. Griffin, in Oxford Handbook of Interdisciplinarity, R. Froedeman, J. Klein and C. Mitcham, eds., Oxford University Press, chapter 37, 546-559, 2010.
- Price, R. L. A Customer’s View of Organizational Literature. (edited by L. L. Cummings and Peter J. Frost) Publishing in the Organizational Sciences, (1985).
Selected Articles in Journals
- Raymond L. Price, Abbie Griffin, Bruce A. Vojak, Nathan Hoffman and Holli Burgon (2009) “Innovation Politics: How Serial Innovators Gain Organizational Acceptance for Breakthrough New Products,” International Journal of Technology Marketing, 4:2-3, 165-184.
- Griffin, Abbie, Raymond L. Price, Matthew M. Maloney, Bruce Vojak and Edward W. Sim, (2009) “Voices from the Field: How Exceptional Electronic Industrial Innovators Innovate,” Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- Abbie Griffin, Edward W. Sim, Ray Price, and Bruce Vojak (2007), “Exploring Differences between Inventors, Champions, Implementers And Serial Innovators In Developing New Products In Large, Mature Firms,” Creativity and Innovation Management, 16:4 (December), 422-436.
- Hebda, John M., Abbie Griffin, Bruce A. Vojak, and Raymond L. Price, (2007) “The Motivation of Technical Visionaries in Large American Companies,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 54:3 (August), 433-444.
- Vojak, Bruce A., Abbie Griffin, Raymond L. Price and Konstantin Perlov, “Characteristics of Technical Visionaries as Perceived by American and British Industrial Physicists,” R&D Management, 36: 1, 17-26
- Askew, Patricia A. and Raymond L Price. Advancing Student Leadership Development: University of Illinois Offers Innovative Approach. Leadership Exchange, (Winter, 2003).
- Vojak, Bruce A., Raymond L. Price, and James V. Carnahan. The Relationship Between Department Rank and College Rank in Engineering Graduate Program Rankings Conducted by U.S. News and World Report. Journal of Engineering, (Jan. 2003).
- House, Charles H. and Raymond L. Price. The Return Map: Tracking Product Teams. Harvard Business Review, (Jan-Feb 1991).
- Dalton, Gene A., Paul H. Thompson and Raymond L. Price. Career Stages: A Model of Professional Careers in Organizations. Organizational Dynamics, (Summer 1977). (This paper also appeared with permission in a condensed version as “The Four Stages of Professional Careers,” CHEMTECH, March 1979)
- Ouchi, William G. and Raymond L. Price. Hierarchies, Clans, and Theory Z: A New Perspective on Organizational Development. Organizational Dynamics, (Autumn 1978).
- Price, Raymond L., Paul H. Thompson and Gene A. Dalton. A Longitudinal Study of Technical Obsolescence. Research Management, (Nov. 1975).
- Price, Raymond L., Paul H. Thompson and James Bowden. The Mechanical Engineer: An In-Depth Profile - What Motivates Engineers? Mechanical Engineering, (Mar. 1975).
- Faculty Fellow, Illinois Foundry for Innovation in Engineering Education, 2008
- Faculty Fellow, Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership, 2009
- Illinois Leadership Outstanding Leadership Coach of the Year 2008
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) Midwest Region Innovative Program Award for Illinois Leadership, 2004.
- Gamma Epsilon Honor Society, Faculty Initiate, 2004
- Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students (Fall 2001, Spring 2002, and Fall 2002)
- Accenture Outstanding Advisor Award, 2001
- Honorary Knight of St. Patrick, 2001
- Best Paper, Innovation Track at the 2006 American Marketing Association Winter Educators’ Conference. Abbie Griffin, Raymond L. Price, Matthew Maloney, Edward W. Sim, and Bruce Vojak, “Voices from the Field: How Exceptional Electronic Industrial Innovators Innovate”
- CI 499 - Ent Leadership in STEM Ed
- ENG 198 - Aspirations to Leadership Dis2
- ENG 198 - Aspirations to Leadership
- ENG 198 - Aspirations to Leadership Dis1
- ENG 198 - Special Topics
- ENG 198 - Aspirations to Leadership II
- ENG 199 - Systems Engineering
- ENG 298 - Special Topics
- ENG 298 - Foundations of Business and En
- ENG 451 - Success in the Workplace
- GE 199 - ISE iCommunity
- GE 361 - Emotional Intelligence Skills